Monday, December 10, 2007

Going With Plan B

I was layered and bundled from head to toe when I stepped outside this morning at 5:50am. I had an 8-miler to make up from last weekend. Immediately, I felt a bone chilling cold descend on me. Decision time.

Do it now, get it over with, stay on course with my training plan, and come back a frozen tuna. Or ...

Wait till later in the day, maybe it'll warm up a touch. OK, I did, and it didn't. Worse, it started drizzling a slow mist all day.

At 6:00pm, I drove over to the new rec center, literally across the street from me, and signed up. Hello, dreadmill, I thought I saw the last of ye.

4 comments:

jeanne said...

do they have winter in texas?? who knew?

sounds like a sound plan.

p.s. i'm interested in your training plan, if you want to share. for purely scientific reasons, of course.

Jess said...

I agree with the question posed by jeanne: winter? In Texas? Didn't the Republicans outlaw that?

Unknown said...

oh come on now... running in a bit of rain is fun...

er, oh, wait a minute. I just complained about that on my blog. nevermind.

good on ya for getting the workout in anyways.

peter said...

You could do 8 miles on a treadmill? Who knew? So many converts (or returnees), esp. in Dec. I have thought about it myself lately.