So here's the list of candidates and reasons for running them. They're all in the US, which means 25K American Aadvantage miles if I have to fly there (35K if Hawaii), or close enough to drive if in Texas.
- 12/1/07 Memphis - BBQ! wet ribs baby!
- 12/2/07 Vegas - it's now or never, time to do my Running Elvis thing?
- 12/9/07 Honolulu - any reason to go back to the islands
- 1/13/08 Disney - free room at my sister's place (I think)
- 1/13/08 Houston - because it's there
- 2/17/08 Austin - my alma mater
If I can get one in in December, I may just keep going and do another in January/February. Maybe I'm over-engineering this thing, but I've also got a few reasons to not do some of the races above. The message boards on Marathon Guide really ripped the Vegas race organizer a new one for inept execution; it's got me concerned enough to pass on it this year until they get their act together. I also know Disney is a pretty boring course too outside of the parks, but it is what it is; I'm not up for the Goofy challenge, but I wouldn't mind a Mickey Mouse medal.
Any suggestions about these races? Any ideas for others I should think about?