Saturday, November 24, 2007

Is That December Around The Corner?

My sister's family just left after spending Thanksgiving week with us. 3 teenagers and no DSL - somehow we survived! My DSL died and I took the opportunity to switch providers, which somehow through the wonder of technology still takes 5 to 10 business days. Something's wrong when UPS can ship me a new modem in two days but someone can't flip a switch to start the flow of electrons in less time than that?

Anyway, I haven't been posting and I haven't been reading much. Blogger isn't quite optimized for dial-up access. I have been running still, and I can't believe my race is next weekend already! I ran this past Wednesday in shorts and no shirt. By Thursday, I was running in long pants, two long sleeved shirts, gloves, and wool hat - huh? This cold front and rain looks like it's staying for a while.

Memphis is looking at a 60% chance of showers, high 53, low 46. No matter - I'm ready to rock 'n roll! Rae and Brent - are you guys still coming into town to run? How about a RBF meetup? Anyone else running Memphis?

5 comments:

Anne said...

I'd love to run in rain, or even wool-hat weather. Actually, it's cooled considerably at nights here. Good luck next weekend. I can't believe you've already got another marathon just around the corner. Where has all the time gone?!

David said...

As my nasty side would say, "Shut up and run."

jeanne said...

Dead DSL? that's pretty catastrophic where I come from!

you go girlfriend! show memphis who's boss.

Rae said...

Good luck this weekend!! We were planning to go and cheer on some friends....but strep throat really isn't the support anyone wants. We'll be cheering for you from up I-40. Eat some bbq at Rendezvous for us....and some Mexican at Panchos, and some jazz on Beale and some dessert at the Peabody!

Unknown said...

Eeeek Gads! No highspeed connectivity? How did you manage?