Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Passing Dean The Invincible?

If you've been reading your Runner's World, you may have seen the ad for Dean Karnazes' upcoming 50 marathons in 50 states in 50 days run. It starts 9/17/06 and ends 11/5/06 in NYC.

I thought this was a pretty creative, if gimmicky plan, for Dean to come up with. But hey, I'm still looking foward to seeing him at MCM, where he'll be running the actual race that Sunday.

So did anyone else hear about this other guy who seems to have quietly done the same thing? He's doing it for charity and he's almost done already, having finished 48 marathons in 47 days!

And how would you feel about this right now if you were Dean?

7 comments:

Black Knight said...

With all my respect I think that they are both crazy! The human body is not an iron machine.

Unknown said...

And let's not forget Pam Reed. She's nutters too.

I personally have a great amount of respect for these "mega-ultra-runners." They are all crazy but a little crazy is a good thing in my book! After all, it wasn't all that long ago that a sub 4:00 minute mile was crazy...

As for Dean, he's just got a better marketing team.

Have you seen this?? A 3,100 mile race over 60 days around the same block! That is crazy!

SRR said...

Yeah...I about shit myself when I read about him. I hope to see him in Chicago!

Iron Jayhawk said...

Dean is awesome. I wish I were fast enough to run next to him for a mile here in Chicago. I didn't know about the other guy though.

Then you've got Dane who's doing 52 marathons this year for L'Arche Mobile. Check him out at www.fiddy2.com.

Rhea said...

Yep, Dane Rauschenberg (sp?). He's from my neck of the woods, in the DC area. Nice guy and a very determined one.

Beanie said...

Dean kind of annoys me. He's always being outdone by others who are just more quiet and humble about it. RW really annoyed me when they had a whole article about him one week (his bid for 300 non stop miles) then when Pam did it they ignored her.

Adams said...

Sometimes, other abusive residents exercise violence against unprotected vulverable residents. The women, who have desire to work for the mankind, for them job of nurse practitioner is right one as it is the job related to the curing of old, ailing and sick people. What's the actual Role of the Lawful Health professional Expert? Registered Nurse Salaries Raleigh Nc 17.