Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Keep On Truckin'

I've been in town for almost 2 weeks now - yay! In that time span, my beloved Longhorns have sunk into the toilet, leading to my new-found interest in them Cowboys, and I've been trying to keep up with running.

While some runs are still a struggle, there's more good runs than bad runs now, and I'm really happy about that. I was up to 18 miles last weekend for my long run, and it went easier than expected even if my time was off a bit at 3:15 and change.

Here's some good news I found today. I'm a big fan of GU, and totally won over by their Expresso Love flavor. New for the holidays ... Mint Chocolate.
I've got to get me some.

5 comments:

Rhea said...

What?! Did you say mint chocolate, as in my favorite ice cream flavor ever?! (Well, except for green tea. And bubble gum.) Okay, got to get me some choco-mint GU. It almost sounds tasty ... btw when I woke up today my whole right side hurt. My right wrist is a bit effed up, and my right hip is v. sore. I HATE falling ...

David said...

I am still a fan of those GUs but have become a committed fan of Margarita Clif Blox Shots. Nothing gooey and easy to carry in a baggy.

Thanks for your condolences.

Anne said...

It's been an amazing(ly weird) college football season, even if your Longhorns and my Hokies are not like they were seasons ago. Apparently none of the best teams are.

jeanne said...

ummmm. yummm. wait..bex fell?? sorry, i gotta go see her right now!

Unknown said...

I am a Gu fan too.. and the packets are just the right size to fit in that little inside pocket of your running shorts.