Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Working For The Weekend

I was all psyched to start racing again this weekend, but first ... Monday, I barely made it through work. Tuesday, I lay in bed all day under the inFLUence (he he, get it?). Wednesday, I spent the day trying to shake off the drugs and clear my head. Tomorrow, I'll start working from home. Then the hard part, a flight to Toronto tomorrow night, returning Friday. Ugh.

Ordinarily, I'd find a masochistic silver lining in this trip (cold? what cold?) to go for a run. Especially since I've never run in Toronto. But not this time. Which means I'll be stepping up to the line on Saturday morning for my first run of the week. Oh man, can we begin next week already?


3/1/07 Update: After all that, American Airlines called me today to say the flight was cancelled due to freezing rain in Toronto. Yes! Then my trip to Phoenix next Monday got rescheduled, and my meeting in San Francisco next Wednesday got cancelled. I'm not complaining.

8 comments:

Anne said...

How can you be so clever with the wordage while feeling like crap?! If it helps, I'll also be toeing the line Sunday with no running in a week due to illness and now work.

Old School Runner said...

I hope your trip to Canada was better than mine! Some good running there, especially on Queen's Quay. For dining, try Canoe Restaurant in the TDBank Tower. They use all local ingredients.

jeanne said...

ain't biz travel fun? especially with the cold on top. ugh.

Deene said...

hope you are feeling better by now. this flu is just plain nasty, i'm finally beginning to get my energy back after not being able to eat for a week during sickness. the flights worked in your favor. get well.

Unknown said...

Man you get around! Just one question....

How many frequent flier miles do you have?

Rich said...

Well, these aren't all flght miles, but I've got 1 million lifetime miles on Delta.

Then I switched to American and I'm probably a few weeks shy of reaching 2 million lifetime miles.

It's been great for free vacation flights, but status-wise, I'm still often stuck in coach.

David said...

Did you cash in some frequent flier miles to get the flights canceled? How much does that cost?

Rhea said...

How is it that you're still in coach when you have a gazillion frequent flyer miles?!

Glad you're feeling better. By the way, in answer to your question regarding my photo on the GW Parkway Classic website - I'm standing in front of a bunch of old issues of my newspaper.