Sunday, January 07, 2007

Start Packing

After 4 days of work in the new year, the honeymoon is over. Time to hit the road again. Thank goodness for American Airlines miles and Hilton miles, both of which we hope to use in boatloads this summer, by a beach somewhere, soaking it in, resting, recharging. Not much beats running where you can see, smell, and hear the ocean, and end your run by wading into the surf ... sink your feet into the sand ... submerge yourself ... let the waves take over ... float away ...

Yo! Wake Up!

%*#&$?! OK, until then, I'm headed to NYC, Jacksonville, and Chicago instead, next week. %*#&$? again! On the other hand, since I haven't been to Chicago in a while, I'm a bit psyched about getting a run in, but I arrive late Thusday night and have only one shot Friday morning to do so. From downtown, if anyone knows someplace better to run than Lake Shore Drive, please let me know!

11 comments:

susie said...

The traveling man....you always maintain such a good attitude about it! I didn't particularly enjoy my travel the past two years, but maybe it was my attitude! And the beach run? Try RI :) Ok, maybe not as warm as you envision, but beautiful!

still working said...

hi rich

kokkeong from way back ACS. met some of thr guys last week as wesley came back from perth for a visit and as usual some names poped out.

glad to see u r having a gr8 time with ur runs..... guess we r in that stage of life where a healthy hobby is the rage. not much into competitive running or anything close to a Marathon, but 10 Ks are about as much as i can or wud like to put in at the moment.

a TRI is in the cards and i hope to get in to one this year....


will drop by and let u noe!

ciaoo

wong kok keong
reach me
kel5463@gmail.com

jeanne said...

cuz yeah, chicago...beach...it's almost the same thing!
arghhhhhh...i want summer!

massoman said...

the beach is my most favorite place to be in the world. i have always preferred it to any other local for a place to do absolutely nothing. so far, my favorite beach is ocean front walk in venice, california at the venice beach req center.

massoman said...

sorry for the misspell, should be venice beach recreation center.

Rhea said...

I ran through Venice and Santa Monica beaches last year. 15-mile run. Hot as hell. But sure pretty. Sorry I can't help you on the Chicago running - have never been there. I'm heading to Lincoln and Omaha, Nebraska, this morning for work. Know any good running routes there?!

Rhea said...

I ran through Venice and Santa Monica beaches last year. 15-mile run. Hot as hell. But sure pretty. Sorry I can't help you on the Chicago running - have never been there. I'm heading to Lincoln and Omaha, Nebraska, this morning for work. Know any good running routes there?!

i am Susan said...

On the road again...
Maybe at the end of it all you can write a book on the best locations to run.
Happy travellings!!

Unknown said...

It may be too late but check this out for Chicago.

RW has a these for most major cities here

Unknown said...

Also - You were killing me with all that beach talk... Oh do I want the warm sun and surf!

David said...

I'm not on the beach but it's not far away and the running is fine this time of year.
I hope you find some miles in Jacksonville.